Kenya is renowned the world over, for its wildlife and as one of the ultimate safari destinations. Kenya encapsulates the beauty and the variety of the African landscape: from the southern white sandy beaches on the Indian ocean, to the desert lake Turkana in the north and the savannah in between.
You will need to go back again and again to discover all that this country has to offer.
Here is our difficult top 10 picks to discover Kenya:
1. The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust: it is an elephant orphanage in Nairobi. Learn more about the conservation work done at the orphanage to protect the elephants.
2. Nairobi National Park: if you don’t have enough time for the safaris, head to the National Park for a miniature experience.
3. The Giraffe Centre in Nairobi is home to the Rothschild Giraffes – an endangered species. Grab your chance for a one in a lifetime opportunity to get close to the giraffe and feed them.
4. Lake Naivasha and Hell’s Gate National Park: a day visit to enjoy the wildlife and a hike through the park’s beautiful gorge.
5. Maasai Mara National Reserve: watch the concentration of wildlife in their natural habitat. The ideal time to visit is in September to witness the wildebeest migration through the river Mara.
6. Lake Nakuru: the ideal place to watch large flock of flamingos and herd of rhinoceros
7. Mount Kenya: it is the second highest mountain in Africa peaking at nearly 5200m
8. Lake Turkana: has been listed as a word heritage site since 1997. Lake Turkana , also called the Jaded Sea, is accessible after a long road trip and is best suited for the most adventurous.
9. East Tsavo National Park: the largest and oldest national park
10. Diani Beach: enjoy the white sand beaches and the blue water of the Indian Ocean